The IX Forum 13 is part of the Internet Infrastructure Week in Brazil.
Welcome to IX Fórum!
This will be the 13th edition of IX Fórum, an event promoted by CEPTRO.br (Center of Study and Research in Network Technology and Operations) from NIC.br (Brazilian Network Information Center), with the support from CGI.br (Brazilian Internet Steering Committee).
IX Fórum is an annual event that began in 2007 and aims to provide an opportunity for discussion of issues related to Internet infrastructure in the country. This is a bilingual (Portuguese and English) event, with simultaneous translation and Internet transmission.
IX Fórum will include presentations of case studies, lectures and discussions on topics related to Internet Exchanges and Internet infrastructure in Brazil.
Call for presentations
Call for presentations
More details can be found at http://forum.ix.br/en .
IX.br (PTT) Forum is the meeting of Brazilian Autonomous Systems. The event is about issues relevant to the development of the Internet in Brazil and around the world, focusing on its technical infrastructure and on the role of Internet Exchange Points.
We will receive proposals by email firstname.lastname@example.org , containing:
- subject: IX (PTT) Forum 13 - proposal - [title of its proposal]
- full title of the work to be presented
- abstract (abstract) extended up to 500 words, and a draft of the slides
- time required for the presentation
- full name of the authors, e-mail, short-bio, organization name
Important dates / deadlines
- limit for sending proposals: September 27, 2019.
- notification of acceptance or not of the proposal: October 11, 2019.
- full versions of the presentation, in PDF format: November 29, 2019.
A non-exhaustive list of suggested topics for presentations follows:
- optical technologies
- network management and configuration automation
- 7Tbps and beyond at IX.br: challenges to manage growing traffic
- BGP communitis
- Implications of RFC 7947 and RFC 7948 for IX.br
- solutions and good practices related to the safe use of BGP
- solutions to mitigate DDoS attacks on an Internet Exchange
- best current practices for participants of an Internet Exchange
- sustainability of Internet Exchanges in general and in particular IX.br
- influence of the Internet Exchanges in the financial equation of the networks
- influence of the Internet Exchanges in the technical quality of the networks
- CDNs and other types of caches on the Internet and Internet Exchanges
- how to improve the decentralization of IXPs in Brazil
- OpenCDN project from NIC.br
- successful cases of IX.br use by ISPs or other networks
- importance of the presence of public services (issuance of NF, DETRAN, IR, etc.) in the various Internet Exchange Points
- importance of the presence of financial services (banks, brokers, etc.) in the various Internet Exchange Points
- importance of the presence of e-commerce in the various Internet Exchange Points
- implications of the presence of international Autonomous Systems in IX.br São Paulo, SP, and other IXPss
- Internet quality measurement
- development of optical fiber and submarine cables in Brazil
- evolution of the deployment of IPv6 in the Internet infrastructure
- online games in IXPs
- IoT and IXPs
- SDNs and IXPs
There are still sponsorship quotas available for IX (PTT) Forum 13. Note that sponsorship *does not guarantee* approval for presentation proposals. You can be our sponsor contacting the NIC.br's events team by e-mail: email@example.com.
The CGI.br multisetorial model brings together several sectors by gathering society and government to establish strategic guidelines related to the use and development of the Internet, in Brazil. The CGI.br and NIC.br actions range from technical aspects, recommendations of procedures for securing and for surveys production, which allow the maintenance of technical quality and innovation, as well as subsidizing the implementation of policies on the use of the Internet in Brazil.